Careers & Internships
Galaxy Communications, LLC EEO Statement: It is Galaxy Communications, LLC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran. The policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. It is the policy of Galaxy to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Galaxy will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges or conditions of employment because of a person’s disability. Galaxy also will provide reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job.
Galaxy Media is one of the premiere independent media groups in the country. Locally owned and operated for over 25 years with four stations Broadcasting Live out of the newly renovated Landmarc building in the Heart of Downtown Utica where we continue to be a dominant presence in this market. Candidates will have a positive outlook with superior motivational and organizational skills. The ability to research and qualify business prospects as well as prepare and implement a sales plan is critical.
- Competitive, curious, connected, creative and consistent
- Experience in outside sales/media sales a plus
- College degree preferred
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Be Part of Local Brands Like:
- ESPN the Worldwide leader in sports and the Local Flagship station of the New York Yankees and Utica College Athletics.
- WOUR the Rock of Central New York and the Flagship station of Syracuse Athletics.
- KROCK The local flagship station of the Buffalo Bills and the radio home of the Utica Comets.
- Mix 102.5 with the best mix of Music from 90s to now with Elvis Duran in the Morning.
- TONY-FM– The Stations that plays everything!
- Also, be part of local events, like K-Rockathon, Food Truck Fridays, Wine and Chocolate Festival, Comets Fan Fest and much more.
If you’re goal oriented and make things happen then email your resume along with anything that makes us think you can benefit our team. Start selling now!
Galaxy Media, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Commission
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Sales experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Associate?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Galaxy Communications, LLC, is Central New York’s largest independently owned media group and we are seeking an experienced media sales professional to join our Syracuse office. If you’re entrepreneurial and hungry for an opportunity to grow a book of business, Galaxy is the place for you. The average employee tenure at Galaxy Communications is over seven years and we are still growing our team. As a Senior Account Executive you will manage a book of business and develop new business by utilizing established sales strategies to convert prospects into customers.
Candidates will have a positive outlook with superior motivational and organizational skills. The ability to research and qualify business prospects as well as prepare and implement a sales plan are critical.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in print, outdoor, electronic or digital media sales
· Competitive, curious, connected, creative and consistent
· College degree preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in basic Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs
If you’re goal oriented and make things happen then email your resume along with anything that makes us think you can benefit our team and improve your career now! Galaxy Communications, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galaxy Communications will cover moving expenses.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Galaxy Communications (TK99, WOUR, K-Rock, Sunny 102, MIX 102.5 and ESPN Radio), a locally owned & operated broadcasting company- is looking for detail-oriented, outgoing people who enjoy working in a team environment to assist with station events and represent our company in a professional manner. Must be able to work a flexible schedule- some Monday through Friday hours, however, weekends are a must. Candidates will need to possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Ability to lift objects in excess of 25lbs. is required. Great job for college students!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galaxy Communications, voted one of Central New York’s Best Places to work by an independent survey of employees, is hiring a Sports Marketing & Advertising Specialist in Syracuse, NY. This dedicated sales professional will be responsible for selling integrated radio marketing campaigns and promoting sports franchises such as: Syracuse University Athletics, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Buffalo Bills and the Syracuse Crunch. Your ability to translate your knowledge and enthusiasm for sports marketing and persuade business owners to advertise with these sports franchises will make you money! The primary focus of a Sports Marketing & Advertising Specialist is:
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of one year of media sales, account management or buying experience
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have good working knowledge of local, regional and national sports landscape
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
Our clients are currently partnered with over seven (7) different sports franchises! Our daily work environment is fun, fast paced and energetic. Our goal is simple: we want to help our clients exceed their goals by providing world class service, quality and value while providing an avenue to develop vibrant, enthusiastic individuals that are eager to learn and grow with our company.
Please send resume to Nick Maine, Director of Sports Marketing at:
email@example.com or call (315) 472-9111
For Employment consideration, please contact:
- Galaxy Communications
- 235 Walton Street
- Syracuse, NY 13202
- Phone: 315.472.9111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org